All You Need to Know About Responsive Web Design And its Techniques
Every client wants a mobile version of his website nowadays. Mobile has become the basic need for everyone. He wants an Apple, Android and Blackberry version for his website to meet the requirement of all his clients. It needs to be compatible to all devices like Phone, tablets and Kindle as well. In future the number of devices is going to increase and the web design has to suite all of them. When it comes to web design and development it is impossible to spend time and effort to design for each and every device individually. It is least practical to achieve it as well. The only solution to this is responsive creative web design.
Responsive web design is the design and development of a website to suite all device screen resolutions, orientation and platform. This is achieved by CSS queries, flexible grids, layout and images. The design should automatically adjust and switch to suite the device. The settings of the device have to adjusted as well. The device must automatically respond to the user preference. This avoids and helps in the need to design separate designs for each new device. Responsive templates are readily available nowadays.
Techniques of Responsive Design
- CSS media queries and transitions are used to design responsive design for a website that makes it to automatically adjust to suite the device resolution. CSS media queries helps to adjust the white space in a webpage. If the browser is very narrow, the white space is altered with the CSS queries to view the text and click its links.
- Responsive data tables are used to display data tables to suite all device resolution. The table is wide and this would make the text small. One solution is to use pie chart or a graphic to show your data.
- Responsive Navigation menus converts the menus easily into a drop-down menu for small screens. This is used when the window is narrow. This helps the users to see clearly and click the drop-down menu.
- Server-side script like PHP is used to serve up website pages for many resolutions. Img and div scripts are used for this purpose.
- Responsive image’s content is replaced with the image to suite the screen resolution using the CSS3 script.
- Responsive image fetching is made possible with the help of cookies where the browser will pass data to the server.