How to migrate Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL servers?
Both the MySQL and PostgreSQL are well known and open source RDBMS utilized with a colossal assortment of organization devices and programming APIs as required. In any case, because of a few points of interest, while looking at the two, PostgreSQL is a superior decision. Some of its additional advantages are as per the following:
- Firstly, it underpins different models of ordering
- Secondly, it completely follows ANSI SQL measures
- Moreover, it additionally furnishes you with offbeat confer
- Furthermore, it underpins both synchronous and offbeat replication
Because of all the above reasons numerous organizations and associations are presently relocating their database from MySQL to Postgres servers. Take after these means to effectively database migration:
- Firstly you have to separate table definitions from the source database administration which for this situation is MySQL. You have to extricate the database as DDL SQL explanations.
- Then you have to change over the announcements as indicated by the goal arranging. At that point stack the designed articulation into the object database.
- After this, you should send out information from the MySQL database into a moderate stockpiling, for example, CSV records.
- The following stage is changing information as per the goal organizing. At that point stack it into Postgres database.
- Then you should extricate put away methods, perspectives, and triggers from MySQL database as SQL proclamations and source code.
- After this, you have to change over the announcements as indicated by the goal designing. Once the organizing is done you should stack it into PostgreSQL database
- At the end, you should check for whether every one of the databases has been changed over appropriately or not
The whole procedure of exchanging the database from MySQL to Postgres is exceptionally tedious when done physically. It requires a considerable measure of human exertion and time. Additionally, there might be high dangers of information misfortune or debasement amid the exchange procedure. Accordingly, it is dependably a smart thought to utilize specific programming to do this assignment for you. Shrewd Converter built up an awesome apparatus as programming for this reason. The product is known as MySQL to PostgreSQL converter and has superior capacities. It has a speed of around 10,000 records for each second of the normal present day framework because of the element of direct perusing and composing information with no middleware or library segments.
Furthermore, the product has numerous different advantages. It can bolster every one of the variants of the MySQL and PostgreSQL including their cloud arrangements. Besides, for robotization and planning of database, it has summoned line adaptation accessible also. Moreover, you can likewise consolidate or export MySQL information with existing PostgreSQL database rather than just moving it. In a few circumstances where you simply need to relocate certain records to the goal database, the product has unique channel apparatus for it. Utilizing this product device you can pick the particular records you wish to exchange. You can likewise change segment sort by utilizing the “custom segment mapping” ability of the program. In the circumstances when the objective PostgreSQL server neglects to acknowledge remote Association, you can trade the information into SQL script utilizing MySQL to PostgreSQL converter. Also, the SQL to pgs can be performed.